Gautam’s the finest captain: SRK


KKR co-owner lauds skipper Gambhir’s ability to get the best out of his players

After four years of disappointments, Kolkata Knight Riders’ co-owner Shah Rukh Khan finally tasted the sweet taste of victory. His team clinched the title against the Chennai Super Kingsunder thrilling circumstances and ensured that the franchise’s trophy cabinet got a noteworthy centrepiece. The Bollywood icon was at his motivating best in the stands; and once Manoj Tiwaryhit the winning runs, there was delirium in the KKR camp. The joy of winning the IPL is unparalleled and King Khan experienced the feeling that he’d been craving for a while.

During a brief chat after the match, SRK revealed to iplt20.com that he considers Gautam Gambhir the best captain in the world.

Excerpts:

How does it feel to be the owner of the IPL champions?


I don’t feel like the owner. We were the promoters who started this team and I always wanted our city, Kolkata, to feel that they are the owners and we are the employees of the city. I am really sorry to say that Juhi [Chawla], Jay [Mehta], Gauri [Khan] and I end up being the owners of KKR. From tonight, KKR is owned by Kolkata. So, please look after it and give it a lot of love because we have nurtured it with a lot of care and happiness.

What were you going through in the end stages?


I prayed to Allah and all the farishteys of Allah. I said, “Please make this happen as it’s been a long time.” I understand that it’s a sport, but I need to do this for my children and all the people who love me and for all of them who believed in KKR. We have had some good times, some bad times and controversies; we have been able to rise above all that. We had to prove it to the world and to us actually and to our children mainly, my son Aryan, my daughter Suhana, Jhanvi and Arjun. If you are resilient and if you believe and if you have a dream, it will come true.

Your faith in youngsters has finally borne fruit through Manvinder Bisla


The team is completely run by Gautam and Trevor [Bayliss]. These guys know cricket, and we guys come and pray and give them a lot of love. I don’t know much about cricket, so we just go by the decisions they make. We have never participated in the cricket part of it, be it in a positive or a negative way. Gautam runs the cricket and we just hope that the youngsters do well.

Is Gautam Gabmhir the perfect captain for KKR?


I am not questioning any of the captains in the IPL, I love [MS] Dhoni, Harbhajan [Singh] and Sachin [Tendulkar], and they all are friends and they love me. But as I have seen Gautam so up close and I have been in a profession which requires quick decisions and toughness, I really do believe that Gautam is the finest captain I have seen in recent times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment